Friday, November 21, 2008

STATE OF EMERGENCY


With Physical Education being taken out of schools along with current lifestyle choices, studies show that the younger generation is at risk of becoming the 1st generation to be buried by their parents. Do you live in a Healthy Household? When was the last time you have been to the doctor? Are you at risk of developing juvenile diabetes? Do you love to pig out on fast food and snacks all day? Are you getting enough exercise throughout the day? Chances are, if you were born in the 1990's you are part of the growing epidemic of childhood obesity. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, "16 percent of U.S. children (over 9 million) between the ages of 6 and 19 are overweight or obese. Meanwhile, over the past three decades, the childhood obesity rate has more than doubled for preschool children aged 2-5 years and adolescents aged 12-19 years, and it has more than tripled for children aged 6-11 years." Although childhood obesity is a major health risk for today's youth, you do not have to be overweight to be at risk of developing serious health problems. Lifestyle choices along with improper nutrition and a lack of physical activity are the main factors our youth are in a State of Emergency.

How does the first sentence make you feel? Do you consider yourself to be a healthy person, or could you be at risk of developing health problems at a young age?

19 comments:

Jerelle Carter said...

candace compton 6th grade
I feel good about it because I am healthy and get alot of exercise.

kinah said...

I feel good but one day i think my strengh will go down then I could get it back up by exercises......

Gucci said...

I feel bad because im younger than my parents and I dont wanna die before they do. But I feel im a healthy person

TREY said...

i would feel bad because i dont want 2 die b4 my parents

Hurricaneman12 said...

I fell good because im healthy and in shape so I dont think i have anything to worry about

Jerelle Carter said...

chi-quan 8th

it make me feel bad because i will not be happy 2 die be 4 my parents do so i will eat and excerise more 2 be healthy

Jerelle Carter said...

malik 7th grade

It makes me want 2 eat healthy than im doing because i don't want 2 die b4 my mama or daddy die ya digg

Jerelle Carter said...

i dont want me or my momma to die that why i stay healthy.

banka said...

I fell bad because I want to protect my mom just incase she cant get around good.She might need my help like if she was to have arthritis.I want to exercise more.I want to change my junk eating habbit.Work on eating more vegetables.

fatal965 said...

i think that it is a horrible fACT that kids might die before their parents it5 makes me want to take better care of my self to ensure me a long life

Jerelle Carter said...

Todd Belcher, I would feel bad dieing before my parents. It would be kind of imbassing. I am a healthy person.

Jerelle Carter said...

kalen arija jasper 8th

i would feel bad beacuse i'm younger than my parents and i really don't wanna die befor they do beacuse i have more time in life to enjoy and have fun so yeah i would most definatly feel bad about this!!!!!!!i think im a very healthy person but i just need to cut down on my sugar..

Jerelle Carter said...

kadecia terrell 8th

I feel so hurt because I know my mom would be so hurt because she loves me. I don't won't that kind of sorrow on her because she might try to commit suicide. It will make me exercise more and eat healthier. I love her so much.

jay-money said...

i would feel bad because my mom would probly die with me.
but i know that wouldn't happen cause i'm healthy.

Jerelle Carter said...

jontae powell 8th

If i was to die today it would be tragic. my mother would probably have a heartattak because she would not know what to do so i try to stay low of the fast foods.i love you mom for keeping me in this world.

Jerelle Carter said...

INDIA 8th GRADE


I feel depressed because i don't want my parents to go through that because i know they and my family will be hurt very bad so im going to TRY to exercise and be healthy

Jerelle Carter said...

Chantel 8th

I feel depressed because who to bury their parents.We should be buring our parents.So we should exercise more so we can bury our parents.

Jerelle Carter said...

Khadija 8th


I dont even want to think or read about that question but if I eat healthy and make the right eating choices i might not die before my Parents, but if i do idk.......

Jerelle Carter said...

toni 8th

i feel like im about to die becaue i realy do eat healthy but i do exercise so if i die befor my parents idk what will happen.....................luv ya<3